Epoxy Resin PRO Training FAQ
What does the Training Cover?
JOFA RESINS is here to get you started with professional, practical training, if you are looking for a career change and enjoy being hands on, the epoxy coating industry is ideal for you. Whether you are new to epoxy or have limited experience we offer a training class to become certified in epoxy coatings, epoxy countertops and decorative flooring.
During the course, all aspects of epoxy floor coatings & decorative floor finishes will be covered; from surface preparation, testing, cove base fabrications and installation of vinyl flake/chip flooring systems, quartz, metallic and the growing in popularity, glitter floor systems.
The Two Day EPOXY training Course is in-depth with theoretical and practical knowledge to get you started, allowing you to use the products and equipment that you’ll be deploying out in the field.Our training is very comprehensive and is delivered by knowledgeable trainers with leading industry experience
Will I be able to get any jobs afterwards?
Yes! This market is growing exponentially, and having this skillset plus the support we offer you upon completion is key in competing and delivering top quality work!
With epoxy becoming such a trend now, there is high demand, and we refer jobs onto you, the more jobs you complete to the highest standard which is our standard will mean more work for you.
What kind of EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS will I receive from it?
Apart from the experience and technical knowledge of taking the course.
You will be entitled to a lifetime discount of 30%OFF the RRP Price on all Epoxys, Resins and Pigments at your convenience.
In addition, you will become a fully traned partner and receive installations offers from our clients.
DAY 1 - CRITICAL THEORY & PRACTICAL LEARNING
• Health & Safety (PPE)
• Estimating: Determine and Understand Project Duration covering everything from floor preparation right through to the finish product. (Prep, Repair, Primer, Base, Decorative, Topcoats) Our aim on the first day is to give you a thorough insight to floor preparation
“Fail to Prepare, Prepare to Fail”
• Compression strength test
• Site Assessment
• Surface Preparation
• Moisture Testing
• Epoxy Equipment & Supplies
• Machinery Options / Grinding /Vacuum’s used in Prep / Hand Grinders etc
• Testing and Repair (Crack repair filler / Thixo+Sand)
• Working Times
• Surface Cleaning
STARTING THE INSTALLATION PROCESS:
• Setting up Your Mixing Station/Housekeeping!!!
• Priming/Humidity Primers • Base Coat (mixing ratios)
• Decorative Coat (mixing ratios)
• Solid Colours
• Glitter (Volume creates effects)
• Chemicals (Xylene, Denatured Alcohol)
• Design your own sample board – colour selection
• Cleaning your tools
DAY 2 - LETS GET CREATIVE!
• Designer Epoxy Flooring (design your own space-team activity)
• Special Effects
• Understanding Curing times
• Top coating sealants offering high scratch resistance (Matt, Satin, Gloss)
• Difference between polyurethanes & epoxies (curing times)
• Materials Calculator and Costing
• Trouble shooting and prevention
We will cover the following systems, so you are never limited to one job
• Decorative Epoxy Coat
• Broadcast Anti-slip Flake System
• Broadcast Anti-slip Quartz System
• 3D Flooring
We go through all steps just like on the job site including testing and repairs. We will use avariety of products so you can feel comfortable when the time comes to use it in the field.Everything we will do is interactive and hands-on. Each day we move towards completing mini projects so on the last day you will see completed projects and leave with samples inhand.Prep work and product application will be done simultaneously with the teaching.*Students are encouraged to use grinder/tools and apply product from beginning to end.
Once you have completed the course our team will be available for aftercare and support tohelp you with initial jobs should you need it, in addition once you are certified and completed, you will be a certified installer and benefit from 30% Off RRP of our resin products.
Further Course Information:
Please arrive for 8:45am for coffee – 9am start, finish time 5pm
*We offer group discounts upon request.
** Snacks and Lunch Included
***All courses require a £100 non-refundable deposit.